Tier 5/Lockdown? We are open and will remain open through lockdown and we are taking appointments for both Podiatry and Chiropractic!
Covid-19 has brought many changes to our lives during the lockdown and now we have entered tier 4 we are having to take and continue with measures and considerations that will be with us for some months.
As you read this we hope you are all well and staying safe.
We are open and staying open during tier 3 status after being given the go-ahead by the government as well as our professional bodies and we are taking appointments on 01628 773588.
The purpose of this page is to keep our patients in touch with what we are, and will be doing to ensure we can safely reopen the clinic protecting our patients, practitioners and staff.
It explains what you can expect from us and what we can expect from you.
We are open in tier 5/Lockdown
What you can expect from us.
- You will notice that Reception looks a little different.
- We have perspex sneeze/cough guards for the desks similar to the ones now commonplace in supermarkets.
- These stand 750mm high and run the length of the desk and provide protection for both staff and customers alike.
- There are two wall mounted automatic hand sanitising gel dispensers, one in the entrance lobby and one on entering reception.
- Your temperature will be taken using an infra red thermometer on entering the building.
- You must wear a face mask at all times while in the building.
- We are currently mainly using reception for re-booking appointments and payment, not waiting. But if you have walked, taken a bus or arrived by taxi you will be invited to wait, socially distanced, in reception.
- We ask you not to use the toilets but if you must, you must.
- All magazines and newspapers have been removed from the reception area.
- The water cooler will no longer be available to reduce the risk of cross contamination.
- Your Podiatrist or Chiropractor will be wearing appropriate PPE.
- Our receptionists will be wearing masks and gloves at all times.
- All door handles and surfaces will be wiped down after each patient visit.
- Where there is more than one practitioner working, appointments will be staggered to reduce the likelihood of queueing at the desk.
What we can expect from you.
- Patients are asked to wait in their car until called by their Podiatrist or Chiropractor.
- By all means let us know you have arrived by phoning or ringing the bell but please do not enter the building until invited by a receptionist or your practitioner.
- We are not currently trying not to use reception for waiting and we ask that you return to your vehicle until called. If you have walked, taken a bus or arrived by taxi you will be invited to wait, socially distanced, in reception.
- You don’t have to wear gloves and there are hand sanitising gel dispensers in the entrance lobby and reception area.
- We ask that patients also wear a face mask at all times when in the building.
- If you do not have a mask a disposable surgical ear loop one will be provided for you at cost – £1
- Wherever possible only one person at a time to attend for an appointment unless a carer, parent or guardian is needed.
- The contactless limit has gone up to £45. Most people will be able to ‘tap and pay’ thereby removing the need to key in an PIN.
- Because of the cost of PPE there is an additional £5 charge on Podiatry appointments and £2 on Chiropractic appointments.
- Appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) will be worn by your Podiatrist or Chiropractor.
- Between patient visits additional time is now to be allowed for wiping down and sanitising the treatment room after each appointment.
- Each room contains an industry standard air cleaner/purifier to ensure as clean an atmosphere as possible.
- As always, all instruments are cleaned and sterilised between patients and all consumables are disposable.
All these changes will be kept under constant review.
Please note – we have a 24hr cancellation policy, details of which can be found here.
If you have any special requirements please let us know. If you would like an appointment then please call us on 01628 773588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.