We are now open and taking appointments from 1st June onwards for both Podiatry and Chiropractic!
Covid-19 has brought many changes to our lives during the lockdown. We are having to take measures and considerations that will be with us for some months.
As you read this we hope you are all well and staying safe.
We are now open after being given the go-ahead by the government as well as our professional bodies and we are taking appointments on 01628 773588.
The purpose of this page is to keep our patients in touch with what we are, and will be doing to ensure we can safely reopen the clinic protecting our patients, practitioners and staff.
It explains what you can expect from us and what we can expect from you.
Now we are open
What you can expect from us.
- You will notice that Reception looks a little different.
- We have perspex sneeze/cough guards for the desks similar to the ones now commonplace in supermarkets.
- These stand 750mm high and run the length of the desk and provide protection for both staff and customers alike.
- There are two wall mounted hand sanitising gel dispensers, one in the entrance lobby and one on entering reception.
- Your temperature will be taken using an infra red thermometer on entering the building.
- We are currently only using reception for re-booking appointments and payment, not waiting.
- We ask you not to use the toilets
- All magazines and newspapers have been removed from the reception area.
- The water cooler will no longer be available to reduce the risk of cross contamination.
- Your Podiatrist or Chiropractor will be wearing appropriate PPE.
- Our receptionists will be wearing masks and gloves at all times.
- All door handles and surfaces will be wiped down after each patient visit.
- Where there is more than one practitioner working, appointments will be staggered to reduce the likelihood of queueing at the desk.
What we can expect from you.
- Patients are asked to wait in their car until called by their Podiatrist or Chiropractor.
- By all means let us know you have arrived by phoning or ringing the bell but please do not enter the building until invited by a receptionist or your practitioner.
- We are not currently using reception for waiting and we ask that you either return to your vehicle or remain outside until called.
- You don’t have to wear gloves and there are hand sanitising gel dispensers in the entrance lobby and reception area.
- We ask that patients also wear at least a mask when in the building.
- If you do not have a mask a disposable surgical ear loop one will be provided for you at cost – £1
- Wherever possible only one person at a time to attend for an appointment unless a carer, parent or guardian is needed.
- The contactless limit has gone up to £45. Most people will be able to ‘tap and pay’ thereby removing the need to key in an PIN.
- Because of the cost of PPE there is an additional £5 charge on Podiatry appointments and £2 on Chiropractic appointments.
- Appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) will be worn by your Podiatrist or Chiropractor.
- Between patient visits additional time is now to be allowed for wiping down and sanitising the treatment room after each appointment.
- Each room contains an industry standard air cleaner/purifier to ensure as clean an atmosphere as possible.
- As always, all instruments are cleaned and sterilised between patients and all consumables are disposable.
All these changes will be kept under constant review.
If you have any special requirements please let us know. If you would like an appointment then please call us on 01628 773588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.