Updated 19th July 2021
We are open taking appointments for both Podiatry and Chiropractic!
Covid-19 has brought many changes to our lives during the lockdown and now Covid-19 restrictions continue we are having to take measures and considerations that will be with us for some months.
As you read this we hope you are all well and staying safe.
We are open after being given the go-ahead by the government as well as our professional bodies and we are taking appointments on 01628 773588.
The purpose of this page is to keep our patients in touch with what we are, and will be doing to ensure we can safely reopen the clinic protecting our patients, practitioners and staff.
It explains what you can expect from us and what we can expect from you.
We are open as restrictions ease
What you can expect from us.
- You will notice that Reception looks a little different.
- We have perspex sneeze/cough guards for the desks similar to the ones now commonplace in supermarkets.
- These stand 750mm high and run the length of the desk and provide protection for both staff and customers alike.
- There are two wall mounted automatic hand sanitising gel dispensers, one in the entrance lobby and one on entering reception.
- You must wear a face mask at all times while in the building even after 19th July 2021. This is mandated by one of our regulators – Public Health England.
- If you are exempt from mask wearing, we ask you to wait in your car until called to avoid spending any longer than needed in reception.
- Reception is now being used for waiting, socially distanced of course.
- We ask you not to use the toilets but if you must, you must.
- All magazines and newspapers have been removed from the reception area.
- The water cooler will no longer be available to reduce the risk of cross contamination.
- Your Podiatrist or Chiropractor will be wearing appropriate PPE.- This is mandated by one of our regulators – Public Health England. It is also mandated by our professional bodies – Royal College of Podiatry and British Chiropractic Association.
- Our receptionists will be wearing masks at all times and gloves when appropriate.
- All door handles and surfaces will be wiped down after each patient visit.
- Where there is more than one practitioner working, appointments will be staggered to reduce the likelihood of queueing at the desk.
What we can expect from you.
- Come in – wear a mask (even after 19th July 2021) – sanitise your hands and wait, socially distanced, in reception.
- You don’t have to wear gloves and there are hand sanitising gel dispensers in the entrance lobby and reception area.
- We ask that patients also wear a face mask at all times when in the building, even after 19th July 2021.
- Wherever possible only one person at a time to attend for an appointment unless a carer, parent or guardian is needed.
- The contactless limit has gone up to £45. Most people will be able to ‘tap and pay’ thereby removing the need to key in an PIN.
- Appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) will be worn by your Podiatrist or Chiropractor. This is mandated by one of our regulators – Public Health England. It is also mandated by our professional bodies – Royal College of Podiatry and British Chiropractic Association.
- Between patient visits additional time is now to be allowed for wiping down and sanitising the treatment room after each appointment.
- Each room contains an industry standard air cleaner/purifier to ensure as clean an atmosphere as possible.
- As always, all instruments are cleaned and sterilised between patients and all consumables are disposable.
All these changes will be kept under constant review.
Please note – we have a 24hr cancellation policy, details of which can be found here.
If you have any special requirements please let us know. If you would like an appointment then please call us on 01628 773588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.